Living, Learning, Laughing, Growing, Being

Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Public Library

I went to the library the other day. I love the library! So many books :) So much information, right there, available to anyone and everyone.

I love the fact that it's always busy. Students doing homework, doing research, people working on computers. Some are even (gasp!) sitting and reading.

Me, I love to think of subjects that I might need or want information on, look it up in the catalog, find out which shelves they're on and explore. I search the shelf for anything on my subject, then search around the shelf for a related subject I might find interesting. Or for something I didn't think of. I almost always come up with a few books I didn't know I needed!

I love the fact that there are books on almost every subject I want. I'm starting a website, so I got books about that. And blogging, because I'm still new at this. I found books about tapping into my creative side to get to work and stop procrastinating about all the ideas I have. I got books about improving my writing skills.

I also got books that I hope will help me with my "day job" (retail manager for the store at Bally Total Fitness), and marketing books that I hope will help me with my "night job" (personal trainer, business owner).

It's just a neat place. There are videos, so you don't have to go buy them, or even pay to rent them. There's music. You can explore new genres or try out new artists before you buy. There are magazines. There are books for children, young adults, and adults. there is even a tiny store that sells used books, benefiting the Friends of the Library.

All in all, a wonderful place!

No comments:

Post a Comment