Living, Learning, Laughing, Growing, Being

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Serenditpity

Serendipity- an aptitude for making desirable discoveries by accident.

The thesaurus gives this synonym: happy chance. I like this definition better.

    Yesterday, I was leaving the park, after training one of my clients. and I was thinking about the week before. She had rescheduled from Friday afternoon to Saturday morning, and after I'd trained her, I had gone to Target to pick up my prescription. While there, I asked the pharmacist about the itching and dry skin caused by the medication. He recommended a Gold-Bond Lotion, which has helped enormously. So, yesterday, I was remembering the series of events that led me to be at that Target at the time that pharmacist was there, available for questions, willing and able to help.  

And as I was driving down the street, thinking about serendipity (because we had trained on Saturday morning again), and I passed a man going door-to-door selling strawberries! 

Talk about being in the right place at the right time! I pulled over, grabbed all the cash I had-$8, and met him on the sidewalk. Unfortunately, the flat was $20, and half was $10. But he was willing to take the $8 for half of a flat, once I convinced him that's all I had.
They're very good strawberries too!

Serendipity!

No comments:

Post a Comment